Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 4

Today was a long day.

It started out as a disappointing day for us. Last night we were told that we could go see Nina today, and so we went to see her along with our friend Frank, who is adopting from the same orphanage. As we walked inside, we were greeted by a shake of the head and a "No. no. no!"

We called our translator and the conversation did not sound very happy. She then talked to us and said that Andy and I had to leave and go wit in the car, and they would call us in when we could see Nina.

We walked out, disappointed, but hoping that we would still be able to see her. At least Frank had been able to stay to see his daughter. A few minutes after being in the car, we got a call from our translator, we could go in and see Nina, the orphanage director had approved. So excitedly, we walked back in. At the door we were greeted by a worker who told us she would go get Nina (well, at least we think she said that because she mentioned her name)

Franks' phone rang. We all needed to get out of there...NOW! The workers kept saying to us something, the only word we understood was "quarantine"

So we all left, not even a glance at Nina.

On the way back we connected with some missionary friends from the CMA. Some other missionaries from Russia were here getting their visas worked out and were touring the city. Frank, Andy and I joined them. We then went over to have dinner at their place and were able to meet more missionaries still :)

So that was our day, I will post some pictures and a short video of Nina tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all your prayers, I feel much better today. My throat is much better and so is my cough. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the prayers!

Prayer request
-that we get our referral letter tomorrow


Mommy to those Special Ks said...

UGH what is WRONG with them? This is nuts! They need to let you guys stay if they say you can stay! GRRR!!!!

Leah said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you didn't get to see Nina! How very frustrating. It sounds like there is a lot of confusion there, and real concern for an epidemic to rage through the orphanage. Still frustrating when you're 1/2 way around the world to see your girl!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you were not able to see Nina again. I know they are all freaked out about the H1N1 flu but goodness you could wear a mask and wash you hands if nothing else.

I hope you guys get to see her on Monday.

How are you feeling? I hope you are doing better. Try not to get out in rain much and wash those hands. LOL!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures next week. LOL!!